January month current affairs, useful for all competitive exams such as IBPS, RRB, SSC,….
Date wise events details:
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved the Central Sector Scheme, ILDP
- CCEA nod for establishment of Medical colleges for deficient states
- Cabinet nod on sending President Reference to Supreme Court in Ganguly Case
- Pakistan has planned 7 Nuclear Plants for 8900 MW of electricity by 2030
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved MSP for Jute
- Hubble discovered clouds on new planets
- CCEA nod for the implementation of the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Project
- India’s Supercomputer, PARAM Yuva-II ranked 1 in India
- The lady, who more than three decades ago became the first woman lawyer to file a public interest litigation on behalf of voiceless under-trial prisoners in Bihar to earn the title ‘Mother of PIL’, has passed away on 2nd January 2014. Can you name her?
- Kapila Hingorani
- Shri Subodh Kumar Agrawal, President, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has been appointed as the President of the South Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA) for the year 2014.
- Pakistan appoints a female judge to Sharia Court for the first time. Ms Ashraf Jehan (56) appointed as the first female judge of Shariah Court (Pakistan), which hears cases under the Islamic legislation.
- The Union Minister of State for Human Resource Development, Dr. Shashi Tharoor named as the Person of the Year by the animal rights body PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) – India for taking steps to advance animal protection. Mr. Tharoor recommended the National Council for Teacher Education (NCERT) to ban the use of animals, viz. for dissection, etc, in training teachers.
- The latest Markit/CIPS compiled UK’s Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) stood at 57.3 in December compared to 3-year high PMI reading of 58.1 in November. Any reading higher than 50 indicates growth for the particular sector while reading of 57.3 indicates strong growth in the sector. This data confirms strong growth for UK manufacturing sector.
- Ronaldinho has been chosen for the South American footballer of the year in the annual poll conducted by the Uruguayan daily El Pais last week.
- Aam Aadmi Party wins the trust vote in the Delhi State Legislature.
- Former Karnataka chief minister B S Yeddyurappa formally rejoined the BJP.
- Maharashtra Cabinet partially accepts Adarsh scam report indicting three former CMs.
- 27 passengers were killed when a bus fell into a 400 feet deep ravine in the Malshej Ghats, Maharastra.